Waterfront Director/Camp Counselor for LLCC's summer camp (Conservation Leadership School [CLS]). CLS is Minnesota's original conservation education summer camp (30+ years), and a leader in conservation/environmental education. Tadpole day camp provides camp experience to youngsters in grades 1-4. Junior Naturalist first year sessions serves 9-15 year-old youths. Advanced Ecology and Wilderness River Canoe Expedition sessions serve returning campers who are 12-16 years old.
LLCC is located near Palisade, in north-central Minnesota. In the heart of Aitkin County, [a popular recreation area], LLCC is part of the “north woods”. LLCC is located 135 miles north of the Twin Cities, 75 miles west of Duluth, and 50 miles northeast of Brainerd.
From approximately June 30 through August 21, 2004.
Waterfront director responsibilities:
* oversee and instruct waterfront activities such as swimming, canoeing, classes, and games, whenever campers are at the waterfront
* serve as lifeguard and coordinate swimming safety tests and buddy checks.
* while not needed at the waterfront during his or her scheduled shift, the waterfront director will help out by supervising, organizing, and assisting campers in other activities.
* other organizational and preparation duties will be assigned.
* at least a high school graduate/college-age young adult
* lifeguard certification and experience.
* ability to enjoy and work with adolescents is essential
* love of the outdoors.
* prior summer camp experience very desirable.
The pay is $200/week for the summer. In addition, LLCC will provide you with room and board during your summer employment.
GrooveJob.com verifies all part time jobs and hourly jobs contained in our database but does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of information contained in the database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies and job opportunities.