The Shift Lead is a store team member reporting to the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager and performing to Peet’s Mission by executing the Serve and Manage tenets of the Retail Operating Philosophy (ROP). The Shift Lead is responsible for service excellence and store operations, with a primary focus on the Manage tenet of the ROP. The Shift Lead is responsible for inventory control, promotion execution and visual merchandising, store opening, closing and daily operations, equipment maintenance as well as directing store teams to complete tasks and provide superior customer service.
• Model customer engagement by providing personalized superior customer service.
• Demonstrate pride of the store by completing cleaning, stocking, and organizing tasks. When acting as the Service Leader, assign and ensure completion of cleaning tasks for each service role as well as weekly cleaning and organization tasks.
• Prepare and serve handcrafted bar drinks and brew and serve coffee and tea. When acting as the Service Leader, provide consistent feedback to team members on bar drink quality and presentation and ensure all coffee and tea are fresh and properly rotated.
• When acting as the Service Leader, deploy service roles in response to changing service needs and according to deployment principles and oversee break schedule.
• Model effective, appropriate communication with customers and coworkers and use to de-escalate and resolve conflict.
• Execute quality store openings and closings, following all necessary procedures, including adherence to safety and security guidelines.
• Act as Cash Controller, ensuring the accuracy, completion, and reconciliation of all financial transactions and operate point-of-sale terminals according to the Cash Handling Guidelines.
• Troubleshoot common store equipment problems and initiate service and repair requests, as necessary and within a timely manner.
• Perform inventory control tasks, including receiving, counting, and ordering product to ensure enough stock is on hand to meet customer demands and to control costs and waste.
• Contribute to building sales by effectively executing marketing promotions and visual merchandising as well as by understanding customers’ hardware needs and suggesting products to meet those needs.
• Communicate essential information to management team in a clear and timely manner.
• Minimum one year of retail supervisory experience and/or related experience and training.
• Cash handling experience and attention to detail.
• Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of customers.
• Excellent attendance and reliability.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Effective time management and delegation skills.
• Ability to effectively problem solve, using sound judgment.
• Demonstrated passion for quality.
• Ability to readily adapt to change.
• Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement.
• Ability to embrace new information and learn quickly.
In return for all of this, you will receive great benefits (including medical, dental, prescription, vision, 401(k) plan and life insurance), a respectful work environment, excellent training, a sense of accomplishment, advancement opportunities and the breadth and depth of coffee and tea knowledge from the gold standard specialty coffee company.
We encourage applicants of all ages, races and ethnic backgrounds.
GrooveJob.com verifies all part time jobs and hourly jobs contained in our database but does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of information contained in the database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies and job opportunities.