Peet's Coffee & Tea
|The Store Manager is the store’s leader responsible for embodying Peet’s Vision, Mission, and Values. The Store Manager leads the store team in execution of the Retail Operating Philosophy (ROP). S/he is responsible for the store’s overall performance to the Balanced Scorecard. S/he is an inspirational leader who expands and deepens passion by ensuring unequaled quality and customer service, overseeing all aspects of store operations, and building a strong and well developed store team. The Store Manager drives for results, continuously seeking improvements to enable team, store, district, and company growth. This position reports to the District Manager.
• Lead excellent customer service through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling, and utilizing Mystery Shop Program results and “Mission Inspired” customer feedback to reinforce and improve quality of service.
• Calibrate and supervise staff to ensure product freshness and uncompromising quality standards.
• Plan and execute the scheduling and deployment of staff, utilizing the Shift Planner and Service Leader to ensure that all team members work effectively together within their roles to provide superior customer service and meet speed of service and productivity goals.
• Ensure customer feedback and concerns are addressed within a timely manner.
• Demonstrate ownership of the store by ensuring cleanliness, organization, and attractiveness of store’s interior and exterior.
• Protect store assets, facilities, and team members by ensuring all team members’ adherence to operational guidelines and standards, compliance with all safety and security policies, the proper functioning and maintenance of store equipment, and performance of all financial transactions according to the Cash Handling Policy.
• Maintain current and accurate business, legal, and personnel records and store resource materials by actions such as performing daily and weekly payroll and labor responsibilities, review and maintenance of all timekeeping records, and ensuring company communications are cascaded as appropriate to all store team members.
• Supervise the inventory management process. Drive low COGS through meticulous management of the monthly and biannual physical inventory events.
• Review appropriate financial reports to determine sales opportunities and cost control gaps and improvements. Manage Financials, using the Balanced Scorecard, to meet budget objectives and “flow through” goals. Regularly review results of the Balanced Score Card results with store team. Find creative solutions or create appropriate action plan upon determining business or store opportunity areas.
• Oversee store promotions, store presentation, visual merchandising, and everyday marketing and merchandising standards. Implement store events through proper planning and scheduling.
• Deliver retail initiatives, Quarterly Store Plans, and participate in business development meetings with the District Manager to assess progress and determine growth opportunities.
• Develop and sustain business through community marketing practices.
• Forecast hiring needs and actively recruit, interview, and hire qualified Retail Associate and Shift Lead candidates that meet the needs of the business.
• Ensure effective succession planning by identifying and developing future leaders with an interest and potential to grow.
• Provide regular coaching and feedback while linking role to results to identify potential for improvement. Identify and ensure timely follow-up on all personnel issues.
• Ensure all roles, including coffee and tea specialist, bar specialist, peer coaches, and marketing specialist, are filled within the store to meet service needs as well as provide team development opportunities.
• Oversee all training programs within the store and provide guidance, direction, and support so team members are ready to perform in their roles.
• Enable and inspire the team to share passion for coffee and tea with customers in a meaningful way by leading and/or supporting frequent coffee and tea tastings to create a culture of superior product, knowledge, and service.
• Role model teamwork and respect in accordance with Peet’s Values. Maintain positive and productive relationships with all team members as well as other stores and departments.
• Utilize rewards and recognition with the team to acknowledge and inspire positive performance.
• Participate in community events that foster community relations.
• A minimum of three years experience as a manager for a high quality food service or retail provider with high customer service standards and/or related experience and training.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to lead excellent customer service and passion for quality.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to successfully lead store operations while growing the business.
• Proven ability to build a strong and well developed store team.
• Consistent demonstration of performance that embodies Peet’s Leadership Blend Competencies and Peet’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
In return for all of this, you will receive great benefits (including medical, dental, prescription, vision, 401(k) plan and life insurance), a respectful work environment, excellent training, a sense of accomplishment, advancement opportunities and the breadth and depth of coffee and tea knowledge from the gold standard specialty coffee company.
We encourage applicants of all ages, races and ethnic backgrounds.
Walnut Creek, CA 94595